Oil & Gas MMO General Manager
- Overall responsibility for the operations and growth of the Maintenance, Modifications, and Operations (MMO) business. This includes financial controls, technical management and development of new business opportunities whilst expanding existing clients’ on-going business requirements.
- To ensure that customer communication channels and interfaces are established as appropriate, that customers’ technical objectives and requirements are clear and unambiguous, and that the MMO division meets customer-defined technical objectives, requirements, milestones, and schedules.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities – Financial and Commercial
- Business and financial strategy and planning, monitoring, management and reporting, including management and development of policies, systems, processes and personnel involved.
- Reporting and accounting as per regulations and legal requirements including taxation, dividends, annual report and accounts.
- Financial staff management, motivation, training, recruitment and selection.
- Planning, developing and implementing strategy for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Managing and developing direct reporting staff.
- Managing and controlling company expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Developing ideas and creating marketing initiatives for major accounts by main market sector and MMO services.
- Planning and implementing a marketing strategy, including advertising and PR.
- Maintaining and developing corporate image and reputation, and protecting and developing the company's services via suitable marketing activities and intellectual property management.
- Liaison with all other managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of contemporary operational development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organisation
- Contributing to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance in co-optation with the executive team
- Ensuring business activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Contributing to strategic planning and development as a member of executive team, and properly keeping and distributing notes and records, reports to executive and management team.
- Ensuring compliance with company insurance requirements, licensing, contracts and agreements, legal areas and activities.
- Responsible for corporate level major supplier/customer/partner relationships, regulatory bodies relationships and strategies, approvals and accreditations.
- Good operational and commercial experience and good personnel management skills. A personable, persuasive & assertive character to bring a team with him/her.
- Education & training: Required BSc in Engineering - Mechanical, Structural, Civil or applicable related degree. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience: 10+ years experience in O&G Modifications, Operations & Maintenance industry.
- Middle East and Africa experience is essential. UAE experience preferred.