Data Manager - Oil Operator
2018-05-09 Working Smart Ltd Discipline/Category:
Data Management/Data Management/KM
Data Manager - Oil Operator
Competitive Day Rate
UK Surrey Surrey
EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
URGENT: A major Oil and Gas Operator seeks a Data Manger to provide data management support to their geoscience user community. Applicants are invited with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a data management support role, preferably with some experience working with an operator. Good awareness of geoscience applications, their data interactions and deployed IT platforms desired. It is estimated that the contract will commence in 4-6 weeks but there may be some flexibility. The initial term would be until the end of this year, but could very likely extend well into next year.
With good data management experience, the role has clear objectives and achievable deliverables that are well scoped. It provides exposure to data problems across a diverse geoscience community, and an opportunity to enhance technical and managerial consulting skills.
With excellent social interaction skills, you will support the geoscience user community. You will ensure that the data required is accessible and available as and when required. You will ensure that the data is loaded appropriately to the correct data store/project files and archived according to procedures. You will co-ordinate all processes and agreed procedures relating to good data management practices including quality adherence and data reporting, within this community.
You will ensure that all data management requests are conducted and delivered in a professional and timely manner and that a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
The successful candidate will have:
- An Earth Science or related Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a data management support role.
- Proven awareness of geoscience data environments essential (e.g. Petrel suite).
- Strong appreciation of good data management practices and procedures essential.
- Proven experience and skills in a support role - providing guidance and advice to a geoscience user community is key.
- Good understanding of IT System environments especially LINUX essential.
- Office 365 knowledge.
- Excellent social interaction skills as you will communicate at many different levels.
- A mature and professional attitude - an individual who is able to get things done and a team player.
- Must be service orientated
Package: A highly competitive market Day Rate is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job:
1) Please review your registration and ensure it is current.
2) Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience) b) your availability (4-6 weeks) and c) your committement for a 6+ month contract and d)your day rate expectations.
Copyright © Working Smart 2018
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action and a minimum $5000 fee will apply.
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.