Project Managers – Data Management (3 Positions)
2018-05-09 Working Smart Ltd Discipline/Category:
Project Managers- Data Management (3 Positions) 6-7 month Contract
A highly competitive market Day Rate is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
UK Surrey Surrey
EU Nationals or UK Work Permit Holder
URGENT: A major Oil and Gas Operator seeks 3 Project Managers to manage and deliver specific projects within their Upstream sector (i.e. geochemistry database, PPDM implementation and core-log datasets) Applicants are invited with strong project management experience in the IT-IM-DM sector who can apply project management methodologies (e.g. PMP, Prince2 etc. Experience of implementing solutions relating to the migration of data to a cloud based solution highly desired (e.g. ideally MS Azure). Geoscience domain awareness would be preferable but the key to this role is a strong Project Manager with the ability to manage deliverables, costs, plans and effective communication with stakeholders. It is estimated that the project will commence in 4-6 weeks but there may be some flexibility. The initial term would be until the end of this year, but this is very likely to extend well into next year.
All the projects have approved budgets for 2018 but require the Project Manager to undertake a project plan, timeline creation/monitoring, budget monitoring and forecasting and project team set up until the end of 2018. There may be some extension into 2019.
The IT work will include working with architecture, infrastructure, third parties, cloud hosting services etc. The work will include agile planning, financial tracking, reporting, KPIs.
The projects range in size from $0.5m to $2m and involve the deployment of records (database, documents…) across a range of discipline areas including Geochemistry, Reservoir Fluids, Wells, Well Logging etc.
As a Project Manager, you will work with a range of stakeholders on the user/consumer side, which may include remote Region pilots and deployments, working with SIM (Subsurface Information Management) on process and operational data handling. The main emphasis would be getting things done, and ploughing through large company complexity, with delivery and value at the top of the agenda
The successful candidate will have:
- An academic background in IT, Data Management or Systems highly advantageous.
- Strong Project Management capabilities essential.
- Proven experience of using project management methodologies such as PMP, Prince2 etc.
- Some experience of implementing solutions relating to the migration of data to cloud based solutions essential. Experience of Azure (Microsoft) highly desired.
- Proven experience of managing information & data management projects essential
- Delivery focussed and able to work in large complex environments with multiple stakeholders essential.
- Experience of Oil and Gas desired – an awareness of the geoscience domain desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently essential.
- Ability to engage with a large number of stakeholders, from both the Business, IT and Data Management to drive toward consensus
- Highly motivated individual who can manage their own time and deliver to tight project deadlines.
- Highly analytical/methodical – the ability to understand the problem, the tools available and to deliver the solution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to interact effectively across all stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills essential (both written and oral English), with the ability to present findings.
Package: A highly competitive market Day Rate is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job:
1) Please review your registration and ensure it is current.
2) Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience) b) your availability (4-6 weeks) and c) your committement for a 6+ month contract and d)your day rate expectations.
Copyright © Working Smart 2018
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action and a minimum $5000 fee will apply.
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.