Business Development Director
Responsible for the overall sales and prospect development of APL’s strategic business development targets in the US.
As Business Development Director in APL, you will have responsibility for the business development activities of APL including the relationship with customers, market analysis, identification and prospects of business opportunities, and sales of our turret and mooring technologies in the US.
An appreciation of the commercial implications of engineering, commercial and legal decision making, attention to detail, ability to work effectively with other team members, a keen focus on delivery and the ability to turn client-driven requirements into compliant bids are all critical to success in this role.
Also responsible for the complete proposal deliverables for satisfying customer requirements in technical, commercial and legal matters on specific projects aligned with the NOV APL strategy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Analyze and understanding the market related to the solutions supplied by APL, identifying and developing the opportunities for selling APL’s solutions and technologies.
· Preparing regular reports of the market share of products, indicating customers, projects and probable dates of occurrence, assisting the VP Business Development with the prospects of business opportunities for APL.
· Assist the VP Business Development in developing, implementing and managing potential APL alliances.
· Develop, implement and maintain the processes and tools to support the BD activities.
· Promote regular visits to customers related to the business opportunities to sell APL solutions, being responsible for the preparation of the marketing material to be presented to customers, by scheduling visits, by keeping updated the notes of customer visits/meetings and by monitoring the actions resulting from each visit.
· Identify the main themes to maintain frequent engagements with the super major companies and implement the action plans following the first engagement.
· Encourage innovation promoting technical workshops with costumers to develop and introduce APL solutions to the market.
· Participate in technical, contractual and commercial meetings with clients, establishing contact between the technical support provided by APL offices abroad and client in the assigned regions.
· Responsible for business proposals related to the APL solutions.
· Responsible for the client interface in studies, FEEDs, tenders etc.
· Review invitation to tender documentation and ensure that documentation required to comply with ITT/RFQ submission for technical and commercial elements is developed and that the project comply with submission deadlines identified.
· Establish contacts and relationships within NOV. Lead the facilitation of communicating to provide and receive information that contributes to the internal procedures and coordination of business development activity.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of common standards and procedures for business development, implement and follow operating policies to mitigate risk.
· Ensure compliance with NOV corporate standards, policies and procedures, as well as comply with the laws that regulate the business of FPS.
· Occasional travel as and when required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Good networking and relationship in the Oil & Gas industry, with OilCo’s, EPC Companies, Supply chain and Shipyards
· Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information in order to secure orders in line with the business strategy
· Able to keep abreast of an evolving portfolio of solutions (products and services)
· Able to adeptly learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills
· Delivers solutions and decisions that are effective and constructively impact both NOV and our customer’s organisation
· Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines(Timely decision making)
· Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Time management)
· Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks(Informing)
· Quickly identify the critical tasks and maintain focus (Priority setting)
· Able to inform and coach technical and non-technical team members (Informing)
Energy and Drive
· Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities (Action oriented)
Organisational Positioning Skills
· Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing (Written communications & presentation Skills)
Personal & Interpersonal Skills
· A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems (Peer relationships)
· Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external) (Customer focus)
· Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals (Self-development)
· Firm and diplomatic when negotiating (Negotiating)
· Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit (Ethics & Values)