Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Commissioning Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
This will be based on the BP North Sea Upstream P&M Contract.
Skills / Qualifications
- Time served relevant trade discipline or relevant NVQ/SVQ/HNC/HND.
- Construction experience.
- Oil and gas experience is advantageous or proven track record in industry with transferable skills.
- Exposure to working within a technical environment.
- Very good interpersonal organisational, communication and team building skills.
- Computer literate.
- Sound discipline technical knowledge.
- Proven experience of interpreting discipline documentation.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments (RA), Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS) and Hazard Identification Studies (HAZIDS).
- Ability to work with timelines / targets.
- Display both good judgment and leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage and supervise personnel.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.