We are currently recruiting for a Senior Automation Manager for one of our Clients :
Assignment : Direct Hire
Location : Doha, Qatar
Job Responsibilities :
- Define, develop and direct Automation systems strategies and take decisions concerning the right selection of technology, design, implementation, upgrades, replacements, life cycle, technical audits and master plans of appropriate Automation based technology, infrastructure and solutions.
- Lead, Supervise and Monitor respective Automation managers & leaders to deliver highly skilled automation operational and technical support to COMPANY Upstream, to ensure optimum reliability, availability, integrity, security and high systems performance
- Scope includes talent management/development, budget management, compliance, business process optimization and maximizing internal customer service to Operation.
- Manages Automation teams in Qatar for Automation Asset Operation, Maintenance, Reliability Engineering, projects, upgrading, developing, life cycle management, planning, asset management & implementation for ICS (PCS, ESD, PSS, F&G, RTDB, Industrial Network and cyber security) and interfaces to ITS (metrological, CCTV, Tetra, PAGA, LOS, NDB, FIDS, VHF, OTN, security access and attendance systems).
- Create a highly engaged work environment that is a great place to work in and and communication can take place in an efficient manner. Promote a culture of trust, communication, accountability, recognition and development on an individual and team basis. Developing and motivating staff to maximize subordinate and departmental performance.
- Monitors and oversees the quality and performance of the team against set or agreed functional objectives. Select and develop a talented and competent team of engineering professionals. Coach and mentor employees, support continuous learning and development toward a performance excellence goal. Prepare nationals to take responsibilities within the company and develop career enhancement program and ensure learning and progression during their development period.
- Develop and implement relevant strategies, policies and procedures to ensure delivering a quality cost-effective service to customers for Automation solutions (hardware, software, management tools and components) and ensures continuous improvement of services to meet COMPANY requirements and ensure availability, performance, integrity, security and reliability of Automation systems by managing and guiding the work of Automation team to ensures provision of best quality and timely services to support engineering, projects and upstream operations.
- Acts as the Technical Authority for Automation Systems within COMPANY Upstream and provide functional expertise to rest of TSD, operation projects and corporate Cyber Security teams to ensure a common strategy and continuity in systems/network development in a cost effective manner and ensure provision of technical support, develop studies, full analysis of incident and regular review of possible weaknesses in the design in order to ensure continuous improvement of the Automation systems design.
- Direct the identification, evaluation and appointment of hardware and software vendors, consultants and/or contractors as necessary, in order to ensure the company obtains a relevant and high quality cost-effective service. And maintaining an extensive network of internal and external contacts to ensure that COMPANY is optimally placed in its understanding of business, economic and commercial challenges and opportunities.
- Prepare, deliver and track financial performance including development for management approval appropriate KPIs and ensure their reporting correctly in division reporting approved systems. Develop department budget proposal for TSD management approvals in close coordination with Technical Services Business Support Team and then pro-actively manage costs, and ensure that the site cost performance is optimized. In addition to future-proof the business through delivering on-going cost reductions via automation and technology advances in the field of digitalization and automation
- Direct the development and oversee the implementation of operational policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of Automation activities so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
- Prepares, support internal or external audits and implements audit to ensure that Automation assets activities are carried out in compliance with Automation, DEL GS and HSE policies, procedures and Quality Assurance to ensure that the Department work is in conformity with the Company standards with regard to improvement of production activities efficiency. And guarantee the employees safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service in a responsible environmental and safety attitude. Ensure full support to all audit findings action in CATS to ensure their timely closures.
Qualification & Experience:
Minimum Educational Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in System, Automation, Instrumentation, Electronics, Electrical, Controls Engineering.
- Registration and participation in a relevant technical society to stay abreast of technology.
Minimum Experience : 12 years' relevant experience in O&G in automated systems and networks including at least 6 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities