Lead Development Engineer
Our Client, an international independent E&P Company, is looking for a Lead Development Engineer to join them in their busy Aberdeen office.
The Lead Development Engineer will be a key position within the Projects and Engineering group. The role will be responsible for progression and timely delivery of production growth opportunities from exploration / appraisal into production by providing surface facilities input into development planning activities The Lead will work closely together with the P&E Manager, project management team and other key stakeholders.
- Provide subsea, pipeline and topside engineering input to new developments, prospect evaluation and business development opportunities.
- Prepare and manage contractors / 3rd party operators scope of work, contractor evaluation and selection process.
- Develop field development concepts and cost estimates.
- Provide input on identification of key long lead items and their lead times for integration into development plans.
- Co-ordinate peer reviews / assists and relevant check point reviews.
- Co-ordinate work with the subsurface, production chemistry, commercial, drilling and project controls to generate technical, commercial and economic field development solutions.
- Optimise the value of the solutions through the application of and participation within the field development process.
- Review, coordinate input and ensure consistency between key development technical deliverables e.g. FDP, BOD, etc.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and overall planning activities & appraisal of the Major CAPEX projects as per schedule and within budget.
- Assessing the economic impact of various development and operational strategies, both short and long term.
- Working with Operations, Accounting, and Finance in the company's corporate capital budgeting process, including clear technical justification of capital projects to the Executive team.
- Ongoing investigation of the practical viability of emerging technologies as it relates to field development planning.
- Provide support to all other disciplines as required, notably: corporate third-party reserves, M&A activity, due diligence activities.
- Provide Support on Decommissioning activities at the early concept / feasibility stage.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of Oil & Gas experience, including experience in a field development engineering role.
- Familiar with technical work as well as project cost estimating, schedules and development economics.
- Experienced with and knowledgeable of formal project management and information management systems, including the principles and associated processes, practices, or tools.
- Proactive, delivery focused, can operate in a high paced environment and is adaptable to working in a transformative organisation.
- Good communication, networking, facilitation & presentation skills.
- Team player with ability to build strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, Company Business Groups and 3rd party contractors.
- Highly competent interpersonal and influencing skills to tactfully and diplomatically manage ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty in a culturally diverse environment.