Leading Project Engineer
Our client is a Major Gasses company based in the North (Sheffield / Hull or Scunthorpe) recruiting for Leading Project Engineer on a Permanent basis
The incumbent will be required to:
- Manage a small team of direct reports from a day to day perspective, organising and directing the work.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders business plans, CAPEX spend to enable the fleet of installations.
- Develop systematic approach to standard installations enabling 'standardisation' across the fleet to improve reliability, consistency and operation delivery.
- To plan, manage and co-ordinate engineering resource (internal & external) to execute projects
- To develop Project Proposals to seek financial approval for project budgets.
- To develop an efficient network/capability for utilising contractors/contracting arrangements for sub-contracting work to enable surges in work to be effectively bid/executed.
- Be flexible, collaborative and open to sharing and implementing of best practices
- Manage a safe system of work, meeting The Linde Group policy, standards and local regulatory requirements
- Manage resources to ensure that all activities under span of responsibility are performed effectively and safely and carried out within the legislative and Management Systems frameworks e.g. IMSS standards, Health & Safety at Work Act, COMAH Regulations, COSHH, WSOE, PSSR, ISO9001, ISO14001 etc
The ideal candidate must have:
In depth knowledge of engineering practices/ contracting/ Project Management/ Industry standards and operating procedures Project management principles (eg CEPM &/or APM)
Forms of contract and Financial Awareness Health and Safety Legislation including:
- Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR)
- Construction Design & Management Regulations (CDM)
- Hazardous area (ATEX)