Technical Safety Engineer
My client in North Wales is looking for a Technical Safety Engineer to work on a contract basis.
The role is the provision and coordination of effective safety engineering advice, support
and information and associated brownfield developments; ensuring compliance
with applicable regulations and company-wide HSEC Management System Guidelines.
The post holder will coordinate as required the development and implementation
of HSE risk assessment and control processes, including qualitative and
quantitative risk analyses as required; participate or lead HAZIDs and HAZOPs;
and provide support across the full spectrum of technical safety related issues.
The post will primarily focus on the technical rather than operational aspects of safety.
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- HSE Management
- Audit certification
- HSE experience in oil and gas
- Technical Proficiency - Process
- HSE Regulations Understanding
- Risk management and risk assessment skills.
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of Safety Cases
- Technical Proficiency in and knowledge of Operation Procedures
- Experience in HSE reporting systems
Other desirable skills/experience for the job:
- Risk Management Courses.
- HSE Management Courses
- Speciality (Marine, Exploration, Drilling or Production)
- Valid BOSIET
Ideally candidates should have an Engineering or Science degree.