My client in London is looking for a Solution Architect to work on an ongoing contract basis.
• Hold, have held, or eligible to apply for UK based security clearance - ideally NPPV2 or 3.
• Hold an undergraduate degree - ideally in computer science, maths, or engineering.
• Qualification in Cloud Architecture
• Other technical qualifications / training, e.g. in specific cloud services (AWS, Azure), systems design, etc.
• Security certification, e.g. CISSP, CISMP, etc.
• Proven delivery within the public sector - ideally a national law enforcement solution.
• Able to lead technical and economic value discussions with senior executives.
• Proven decision maker in major technology implementations / cloud transformations.
• Can impact and influence users, customers and partners with a high degree of autonomy.
• Creates real and measurable business results as evidenced by operational solutions.
• Experience in the design of cloud-based solutions ideally on AWS.
• Experience of cloud scripting, virtualisation, containerisation, autoscaling, etc.
• Experience implementing Identity & Access Management (IAMs), ideally in Azure AD.
• Understanding of IAMs governance, e.g. with SailPoint IdentityNow.
• Experience of applying security in depth, e.g. monitor microservices with a tool such as Istio.
• Knowledge of event-based architectures, e.g. using Kafka.
• Able to apply patterns to solve known enterprise and software challenges.
• Knowledge of the tools and processes for DevOps continuous build and integration.
• Experience of delivery with agile methods, such as SCRUM.
• Able to advise technologies and frameworks to use, ideally open-source.
• Proven delivery of enterprise solutions within complex stakeholder environments.
• Able to lead design sessions with a mix of business and technical people.
• Experience in the design and delivery of rapid technical feasibility studies and prototypes.
• Able to balance technical vision with business drivers and 'brownfield' constraints.
• At least five years' experience as an architect / lead designer of technical solutions.
• At least three years' experience leading the delivery of cloud transformations.
• Proven ability to collaborate with team members and a wide range of people.
• Demonstrates good organisational skills giving the ability to deliver to timeframes and estimates.
• Demonstrates good written, oral, comprehension and presentational skills.
• Knowledge of forensics technology - biometric and/or digital.
• Experience of enterprise networking and integration in the public sector, including hybrid cloud.
• Ability to model and migrate business units to shared services / common data models.
• Knowledge of law enforcement and data protection regulations.
• Experience in technical design modelling & methods - UML, BPMN, SOA, TOGAF.
• Exposure to complex data environments, e.g. within law enforcement / intelligence.
• Able to demonstrate technical thought leadership to customers / in conferences.
• Skills in the delivery of secure environments (OFFICIAL-SENSTIVE)
• Experience of different databases & stores - relational, document, graph, object (S3).
• Understanding of computing trends, e.g. AI, IoT, open source, distributed processing.