SURF TRANSPORT & INSTALLATION ENGINEER
JOB DESCRIPTION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Deliver a high quality engineering dossier for FEED and EPCI phases in line with HSEQ requirements, Company specifications, Project Statement of Requirements (SOR) and industry good practices,
- Ensure that the assigned tasks are executed within budget and schedule,
- Promote cost-saving solutions and optimization in the design and operations throughout the Project,
- Ensure that all the interfaces within the Project are correctly managed,
- Follow-up of internal & external technical reviews (Project reviews, etc.),
- Provide technical assistance when required,
- Treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality,
- Ensure final documentation issuance.
The field development will involve several new projects that would be executed in parallel over the period of 5 years with CAPEX investment of around 3.5 Billion USD. The Major Projects (MP) consist of:
- New wellhead platforms installation
- Pipelines global network (pipeline(s) replacement and debottlenecking)
- Produced water treatment project (new produced water treatment module)
- WAG extension 1 (new pipelines for gas network)
- Export Scheme Optimization (ESO): Upgrade of the existing storage and export facilities (FSO package) with the associated modifications subsea (SURF package)
- New K complex (5 new platforms) The job holder will be dedicated to the execution of the T&I activities of ESO Project (SURF and possibly FSO). The job holder belongs to the MP engineering team and reports to the MP Engineering Manager and to the ESO SURF Engineering Coordinator.
- Carry out work in compliance with Company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed Company priorities and objectives, Company standards and procedures and good industry practices,
- Participate in the FEED contractor selection process: development of Request For Quotation (RFQ) package documents, clarifications and award,
- Supervise, coordinate, control, review FEED T&I design including review of documents,
- Participate in Call For Tender (CFT) process for EPCI contract: development of CFT package documents, clarifications and award,
- Participate in Long Lead Items (LLI) and packages vendors (as applicable) selection process: development of RFQ package documents, clarifications and award,
- Review, comment and approve T&I engineering documentation from EPCI contractors, LLI suppliers and packages vendors (as applicable) in coordination with Marine Warranty Services (MWS) when required,
- Participate to the follow-up and control of procurement of LLI,
- Participate to the follow-up and control of supply and procurement done by the contractors,
- Provide guidance to contractors to efficiently prepare and control their T&I activities (including offshore mobilization),
- Ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance,
- Interface with Company with regards to the interaction to existing assets,
- Manage MWS activities,
- Follow-up load-out of products, in close cooperation with MWS,
- Follow-up marine spread inspection, in close cooperation with MWS & Company Marine Department,
- Follow-up equipment FAT, SAT and other inspections at site/vendor premises as required,
- Follow-up and report engineering progress related to T&I discipline,
- Identify and report any potential deviations from the Company referential,
- Identify any anticipated deviations to the initial plan and propose mitigation actions to management,
- Provide technical answers to technical queries, to deviations/concession requests, and to change order requests,
- Provide technical answers to internal project audit sessions (PR, HAZOP, etc…),
- Ensure engineering support to construction and installation teams as required,
- Participate in the project technical reviews sessions with Company, Contractors and vendors teams,
- Manage assistance from shareholder specialists (remote head office) when required,
- Ensure progress and risk reporting to project management,
- Develop any procedures and execution plans within area of responsibility,
- Anticipate and assess Change Order Request issued by the Contractor,
- Ensure and organize final documentation delivery from contractors and vendors,
- Contribute to the engineering interfaces,
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters,
- Carry out any other duty or task that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors in line with discipline expertise.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Mobilization expected during FEED RFQ process,
- At FEED award, position located in FEED contractor offices where FEED will take place (location to be confirmed),
- At EPCI award, position located in EPCI contractor offices where EPCI detailed engineering development will take place (location to be confirmed),
- Possibility of multiple worldwide missions with possibility of various contractors execution centers or vendors visits.
- The scope of activities will concern mainly green field (subsea infrastructures, SPM, mooring) with some brownfield activities (tie-ins to existing platforms and topside modifications).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering,
- Experience: At least 15 years' experience in the offshore oil & gas project with minimum 10 year-experience as T&I Engineer
- Experience of offshore subsea installation of Umbilical, Flowlines, Risers, mooring lines and offloading buoys.
- Experience of flexible installation and shallow water installation is required.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards,
- Familiar with Total E&P General Specifications would be a plus,
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing),
- Computer literate, especially in commonly used CAD software, knowledge of PRODOM would be a plus,
- Good leadership skills and good communication skills,
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment,
- Good analytical skills,
- H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings.