Our client is looking to hire a Financial Analyst to provide financial/accounting analytical and technical support to resolve accounting or financial issues. Participate in the development, recommendation and implementation of changes to accounting policies, procedures and systems. Prepare financial forecasts, reports and other analyses. Responsible for preparing financial analyses, forecasts, or reports; for developing supportive and interpretative data for use in the decisions making. The analyst will also monitor current and future financial and tax regulations, in Malaysia and the region, to identify possible impact on the Company's business. The analyst must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies and presentations that are pivotal in shaping management's decisions.
The analyst will be required to perform the following:
- Analyzes the financial feasibility and impact of proposed budget items, investment alternatives and capital or operating programs, and assists in preparing expenditure requests.
- Evaluate projects financial feasibility review, comment and analyze on major projects undertaken by the Joint Ventures and build, review and provide guidance on project financial models and loan agreements.
- Develop and interpret financial concepts for financial planning, forecasting, modeling and internal controls.
- Prepares financial reports and forecasts on cash receipts and disbursements, corporate income, operating and capital plans and expenditures, manpower budgets, investments, and the consolidated financial position.
- Develop and enhance complex financial models.
- Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends.
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes.
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data.
- Conduct comparable analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis.
- Provide guidance on financial matter of the Joint Ventures agreements such as Supply/Purchase agreements, MOU's, formation agreements, articles of association, bylaws, etc.
- Coordinates the consolidation, preparation and publication of corporate plans and accountability reports; analyzes subsequent variances and identifies trends and opportunities to reduce or control costs.
- Review of all operational and financial performance reports for Joint Ventures, review performance gaps, and provide forward looking guidance on financial performance.
- Review business plan, operating plan and develop monthly and quarterly performance reports in collaboration with marketing and technical specialties.
- Assists in analyzing, making preliminary recommendations, and drafting letters of response to ad hoc requests involving issues raised by organizations both within and outside the Company, including Joint Ventures and affiliates.
- Assists organizations in responding to audit recommendations and implementing corrective action.
- Review instructions for the Accounting and General Instruction Manuals. Interprets their application for operations organizations.
- Leads and performs a variety of operational accounting duties: e.g., calculating account entries; reconciling and analyzing changes in account balances and unit costs; receiving, verifying and authorizing accounting documents and transactions; and determining proper account costing.
- When applicable, review Joint Ventures income and withholding taxes.
- Prepare quality reports and presentations for inclusion in the business plan and to present to Management.
- Provide expert judgment, by way of thorough analyses to queries from Management on refining and chemicals issues.
- Regularly interacts with other professionals in various Company organizations involved in capital planning and economic analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Engineering.
- MBA /CFA are preferred.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in Finance, including at least five years work experience in downstream refining.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures as established pursuant to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and MFRS.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures in the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of the sources and methodologies utilized to conduct research on IFRS and Corporate accounting and financial reporting issues.
- Knowledge of the Malaysia institutional environment and regulatory bodies with focus on tax issues.
- Sufficient understanding of refining projects necessary to conduct insightful financial analysis of capital investments.
- Intellectually curious and keeps abreast of topics that affect the evolving refining markets.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with management at all levels within the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate complex technical and commercial concepts in a clear and concise manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
- Hands-on person who will immediately achieve the professional respect of others possessing long-time practical experience of working in or serving the refining and chemicals industry. Person whom others, at all levels, will seek out for advice and counsel.
- Able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.