A leading fully integrated exploration and production company with prime focus on gas extraction seeks a Senior Contracts & Procurement Advisor to Assist the Procurement Manager in the preparation of invitations to tender / tender evaluation / tender negotiations / recommendation to award in support of internal departments including: operations, projects, drilling, well engineering and decommissioning. Applicants are invited with previous working experience within the UKCS E&P and working to CRINE LOGIC standards is essential.
The Company is part of a larger Group, which is actively involved in the North Sea with production from operated fields. They have greatly expanded their portfolio of assets in recent years with numerous acquisitions, thereby increasing their position significantly. They hold operated platforms in the Danish sector and have equity shares in major fields off Norway and West of Shetland. This presents major opportunities for the Company to realise operational and commercial synergies and further enhance their offshore skills base.
The UK Oil and Gas Company’s main focus is the Southern North Sea and West of Shetlands, primarily on natural gas production. Their success has been based on their strong management team, extensive subsurface expertise, technological know-how using ultra-modern drilling and production techniques and their continued commitment to research and development.
The role encompasses many functions including:
- Become competent in the Company’s work flows and practices.
- Assist in the preparation of invitations to tender / tender evaluation / tender negotiations / recommendation to award in support of internal departments including: operations, projects, drilling, well engineering and decommissioning.
- Support the Supply Chain Manager in leading sourcing and administration processes in relation to contracts and procurement activities.
- Ensure procurement activities are carried out in an efficient and fully auditable manner.
- Draft ITTs and requests for quotations and contracts.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Review terms and conditions and conduct post-contract administration.
- Develop contracting and procurement strategies.
- Regularly update the Supply Chain Manager and the Commercial Director on contracting and procurement activities.
- Ensure compliance with UKCS industry supply chain initiatives.
- Ensure a detailed audit trail and records are maintained and available for internal and external review.
- Ensure full involvement of the Health and Safety function in the procurement process.
This is an exciting and challenging role for an individual who wishes to take ownership of the role and further develop the opportunity, working for an expanding and dynamic young oil operator. The role would suit a dynamic, hands on contracts engineer.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree or Graduate certificate preferred.
- Technical/Engineering background with considerable experience of the UKCS market essential
- Experience working to CRINE LOGIC standards is essential.
- IT literate – including SAP & MS Office essential.
- Experienced in leading the drafting of terms and conditions for supply chain contracts for goods and services within the UKCS E&P environment.
- Ability to drive negotiations to achieve the best deal possible essential.
- Commercially astute.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team player skills – ability to mentor.
- Capable of working under own supervision and being self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Flexible attitude and desire to learn.
Other Information Package:
An attractive Salary is on offer dependent on skills and experience. Oil operator benefits included.
You will need to Login or register
before you can apply for this role.
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.