As job holder you will be responsible for functional continual improvement and will provide leadership, guidance, coaching and training, as well as planning services, IGR support, development of project-specific deliverables and templates/references in project planning, scheduling, progress control and risk management to OMV major capital projects during all project phases (Identify & Assess, Select, Define, Execute). In addition to this you will also;
- Develop & review project schedules for major capital projects during for all project phases (Identify & Assess, Select, Define, Execute) by applying the relevant company standards and procedures as well as internationally established best practice planning and scheduling principles. Prepare & review all necessary planning, scheduling and control documents, such as Basis of Schedule, different level schedules, progress and forecast reports, SRA reports, Risk Management
- Plans, Risk Registers, Project Control Plans, Progress Measurement Procedures (incl. Earning Rules), Planning and Control Specifications for Contractors, etc.Establish and implement robust processes for project planning and control activities necessary for operated, non-operated and M&A projects (leadership in due diligence and evaluate the quality of the planning documents reviewed and analysed).
- Improve OMV's overall upstream offshore planning and scheduling competence by providing leadership in the delivery of reliable schedules & develop the quality of the planning function, including junior planners
- Ownership of standards (Planning and Scheduling Standard, Project Risk Management Standard) and tools, such as critical path network planning, schedule resource loading, cost and schedule risk analysis, progress/performance-based forecasting, qualitative/semi-quantitative project risk management.
- Ensure effective estimate & schedule reviews (ESRs) at key decision points during project maturation and execution of capital projects. Ensure project schedules comply with standards, procedures and tools, including the allocation of float, contingencies, allowances, risk premiums, accuracy ranges and spreads.
- Provide expertise, leadership & expectations on partners' and contractors' planning and scheduling documents; define and follow-up the required improvement measures.
- Responsible to ensure planning, scheduling, control and risk management support to project teams during all relevant project phases, from front-end loading to project execution (either directly or by resource allocation). Ensure quality Basis of Schedule, Project Schedules, Risk Management Plans, Project Control Plans, etc. This includes all activities associated with contract and claims management, risk mitigation proposals, cost-benefit analysis, etc; and align interfaces with the respective departments.
- Develop and implement progress/performance-based cost/schedule forecasting techniques.
- Masters Degree or equivalent in Project Management, Engineering, Economics
Significant & strong leadership & change management/improvement experience.
- Ability to apply consistent planning and control methodologies and deal appropriately with detail.
- Ability to judge and assess engineering, procurement, construction and start-up risks as well as other project related risks (through deterministic or probabilistic risk analysis) in projects cost estimates. Propose possible mitigation activities to reduce key risks and assess cost effectiveness of these.
- Master of project planning and control techniques, Primavera P6, MS Project, Easy Risk Manager.
- Must have a “Team attitude”, be self-motivated and act as a role model for the planning community and be willing to support other groups and projects when required.
- According to Austrian labor law, the minimum salary related to the Austrian collective labor agreement has to be stated in the advertisement (111,090 Euro - gross per year, all in) plus bonus
- Place of Employment: Vienna, Austria
- Superior: Head of Project Services
- We offer an internationally attractive compensation package depending on your experience plus bonus and additional benefits.
- The opportunity to join an international and fast growing company
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
SAP Expert Joint Venture Accounting (f/m)
Senior Expert SAP Material Management (f/m)
Senior Project Manager SAP Projects (f/m)
Head of Commercial and Legal MEA (f/m)
Director of Business Development & Sales – Subsur…
Working Smart Ltd., International Petroleum Recruitment Consultancy