Head of Commercial and Legal MEA (f/m)
As job holder you will lead and manage business development, commercial and legal affairs department and matters of the OMV Middle East & Africa GmbH and entities co-located in the MEA hub (in line with the UOM) with a focus on creating, protecting and enhancing the value of OMV´s upstream assets in the MEA Region. In addition to this you will also;
- Contribute to identifying growth opportunities in the MEA region, screen business opportunities and deliver selected (below threshold) M&A projects
- Ensure commercial integration and support for Exploration, Projects and Assets in line with the Commercial Concept
- Negotiate and deliver commercial agreements in line with Corporate directives or instructions, e.g. license, partner, infrastructure, services, lifting, sales, etc.
- Accountable for Commercial Operations including capacity bookings and sales of hydrocarbons in close cooperation with Finance and Assets
- Actively monitor the markets and manage commercial risks and opportunities
- Conduct legal reviews and provide advice in connection with Companies co-located at the MEA Hub
- Representation of the Company within the limits of authority as granted to him by the Managing Director of the Company from time to time
- Implementation and supervision of the regulation management within the Companies co-located at the MEA Hub and ensure adequate governance of those legal entities / branch offices at the Hub location
- Presentation of projects or other important matters to the Shareholder as to their commercial and/or legal implications
- Ensure compliance with all the relevant provisions contained in contracts to which the Companies are a party and with applicable law and regulations to the Companies co-located at the MEA Hub, which by their nature fall within the responsibility of the Head of Commercial and Legal
- Support and advise the SVP, GM's and Asset Managers.
- Lead disputes management for Companies co-located at the MEA Hub with the 3rd parties pursuant to Corporate Directives or instructions (below thresholds) and represent OMV in industrial forums to improve the working environment of the oil and gas industry in the Middle East & Africa
- University Degree:Masters in either Law, Economics or Petroleum Contracts
- 10+ years of industry specific experience
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Commercial acumen, strong negotiation skills.
- Capable Networking skills
- HSSE Leadership skills
- Place of work: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Superior: SVP Middle East & Africa
- We offer an internationally attractive compensation package depending on your experience plus bonus and additional benefits.
- The opportunity to join an international and fast growing company
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.