A global provider of multi-client geoscience data and integrated services to the oil and gas industry seeks a Director of Business Development to define and develop strategy and drive revenue from their interpretation products. In this global role, you will have overall responsibility to develop and expand the product range and grow business revenue. This is an exciting senior level position with P&L responsibility and great autonomy and scope to further develop a product range to meet the new challenges of the changing landscape of the Oil and Gas industry. You will experience a great deal of variety and exposure to global oil operators, partners and a diverse workforce. The role is ideal for an entrepreneur with a passion for technology, a visionary who can see beyond the current product functionality, a leader who can deliver strategy and someone with a strong understanding of the facets of exploration prospectivity.
You will develop new products and grow the interpretive product business in a selective and strategic manner and align new products with company goals and objectives. You will collaborate with senior level management to identify business and technical solution opportunities for new and existing clients and work to leverage the “Global Products and Services Division” by focusing on generating new business leads, including mergers, acquisitions and partnering opportunities.
The Company provides multi-client geoscience data to the global oil and gas industry. In addition to extensive data libraries that includes: seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys. They also offer advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products and data integration solutions.
Their interpretative products are well established and respected amongst their client base. They cover all four stages of the oil field exploration cycle and help clients make informed decisions at each stage. They provide in-depth geological analysis of basins, interpretations of depositional environments and facies that help to identify risk and provide an effective petroleum play for more informed prospectivity analysis.
Reporting to Senior Vice-President this role encompasses many functions including:
- Become familiar with all aspects of the Interpretive Product Line – sales, software development, operational, technical, market, clients, partnerships etc.
- Build strong relationships with the all key players involved (especially Service Teams and Seismic Sales) – across the global company.
- Operate as a leader and visionary for the department
- Establish your position and gain their trust and respect – become the go-to-person regarding strategy and business growth.
- Work strategically with key technical teams (interpretation group, seismic group, sales, and marketing) to identify new business opportunities to increase the visibility and awareness of these products visibility in the market.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to develop new customer relationships. Build upon existing success and reach out to clients to understand new challenges and drivers in this changing digital transformation era.
- Work with core groups and lead the development of the market strategy and define future plans for growth.
- Develop and maintain a domain of global G&G knowledge, encourage and lead regular meetings and promote the transfer of ideas and knowledge across the global Geoscience Service teams.
- Work closely with these regional Geoscience Service teams, capture new ideas for these interpretive products and identify opportunities for the particular region.
- On the back of in-depth market, customer and regional knowledge, drive your strategies for growth.
- Develop and sustain close relationships with clients – engage on a regular basis, keep abreast of their changing landscape and challenges – identify potential new product lines with them - build prototypes for testing market and work in harmony with clients from concept through to successful delivery.
- Raise awareness within the Company of new technical advancements and new products – ensure that key personnel are fully trained.
- Identify cross-product line opportunities with other divisions. Work with them to explore and take to market.
- Maintain ratio of 70%/30% Client Facing vs Internally focused activities. This is very much client centric – you need to engage with clients heavily to build growth.
- Participate in seminars and trade shows to promote Interpretive products
- Provide quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting – implement solid reporting and management practices re growth.
- Work closely with Marketing – proactively raise the awareness and reputation of the Company and product lines.
- Keep abreast of competitors and their offerings.
This is an exciting and challenging role for an individual with the energy and passion to develop and drive growth strategy for an established interpretive product line.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Sciences, Geology, Business or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in the upstream oil and gas industry essential. Global experience highly desired.
- Strong understanding of the exploration cycle (essential) – both from a geological and geophysical perspective – previous prospectivity experience highly desired.
- Experience of shales in North America desired – this is perceived as a major growth area.
- Proven sales, business development or product champion background essential – proven success in developing revenue stream for subsurface (i.e. geological or geophysical) products or service is key.
- Strong understanding of production, completion and G&G environment desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills - with the ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients globally.
- A strong strategic player – can develop and implement strategic plans effectively.
- Leadership qualities – can engage with internal teams, gain trust, support and commitment to deliver agreed objectives.
- Strong project management skills – must have the ability to simultaneously coordinate and complete multiple tasks/projects.
- Highly articulate and confident – can present coherent and engaging propositions to both large and small audiences.
- Strong analytical skills and capability to understand complex problems/issues – can see the bigger picture and analysis effectively before making decisions.
- Strong understanding of the market – the technologies, players, trends, challenges and the ability to engage knowledgably with clients.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management – ability to keep all stakeholders engaged and informed essential – both internally and externally with clients and partners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Entrepreneurial - Ambitious to take ownership of this role and develop the recognised potential for this product line.
- Enthusiasm and drive to keep abreast of new trends and challenges in the market.
- Willingness to travel globally.
Package: An attractive Base Salary plus a Bonus Plan will be offered dependent on skills and experience. In addition, a competitive Company benefits is provided.
To apply for this job:
1) Please review your registration and ensure it is current.
2) Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter via the web site. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
You will need to Login or register
before you can apply for this role.
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.