A dynamic innovative software Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Reservoir Engineer to support their growing demand in Norway with major oil and gas operator Clients. Applicants are invited with 5 years’ experience in reservoir engineering with knowledge of the Norwegian market being highly advantageous. The timeframe for the appointment is unknown at present but the Company are eager to receive expressions of interest at this stage.
The Company was established to provide next-step-change-technologies, which they have succeeded in doing. Their reservoir simulation technology is fast becoming a game changer, reducing engineer’s time exponentially from more traditional established tools. The technology exceeds expectations of most, providing high performance computing power (i.e. workstations, clusters, cloud), rich modelling functionality, advanced visualisation interfaces and most importantly smart and attractive pricing structures to meet the varying needs and budgets of clients. The software also covers all subsurface domains for a full integrated technology in subsurface studies.
Smart technologies that greatly reduce time and costs have been highly evident in the upstream industry in recent years. By taking advantage of the continuous progress in computing technologies, this Company are delivering simulation tools designed to ensure continuous improvements in performance across the reservoir engineers’ laptops, servers, and HPC clusters.
Supported by offices in Russia, US, UK, Malaysia, China, Canada and elsewhere, they are now ready to establish an office in Norway. They have a strong Norwegian client base and recognise the growing interest in their technologies, especially amongst the majors.
Reporting to the Technical Director your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become knowledgeable in the Company’s technologies and associated services. Full training provided.
- Provide advice and guidance in all aspects of the operational use of the technologies, promoting the full workflow capabilities and assisting oil company users to optimise their workflows. This could be from home, office or at the Client site.
- Act as the technical champion of the technologies across existing and potential clients in Norway.
- Establish, maintain and develop client relationships both in existing and potential clients.
- Be proactive in increasing awareness and reputation of the Company, products and services.
- Provide technical presentations highlighting the benefits of their new age simulation technologies to stakeholders – this could be at client sites, user group meetings, conferences, webinars, technical forums...
- Liaise regularly with the Company’s R&D team – providing feedback on client workflows and optimisation benefits, requests for new modules, integration to other systems etc.
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing for the region – ensuring that all business opportunities that you encounter are clearly relayed.
- Manage all aspects of client liaison and reporting in relation to technical requests.
- Work in a timely and professional manner – ensuring that client requests are replied to quickly - drive technical excellence throughout.
- Establish, maintain and develop client relationships, promoting the Company’s reputation and capabilities to current and potential clients.
- Identify and attend relevant industry events that help in representing and promote the Company’s services.
- Be proactive in developing your own technical capabilities, in keeping abreast of industry practices and technologies, and also in the capture and sharing of knowledge and best practices across the Company.
This is an exciting role for an experienced Reservoir Engineer who is passionate about technologies and workflow optimisation. It offers a great opportunity to be a main player in developing the Norwegian market for a Company that is breaking all the rules of traditional reservoir simulation. The key to this role is the ability to be self-motivated, innovative and have a keen desire to be part of a game changing organization.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent essential.
- Minimum of 5 years Reservoir Engineering experience desired.
- Previous working experience within a Service Company highly desired.
- Knowledge of the Norwegian market highly desired.
- Working experience with a reservoir simulation technology essential – e.g. Eclipse, Petrel RE, CMG desired.
- Experience in using pipesim, gap or/and mbal advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills –ability to relay technical knowledge and concepts in a coherent and friendly manner.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English essential. Norwegian language skills advantageous.
- Ability to support and drive technical excellence across the user community in Norway essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to maintain and build strong relationships with clients and work colleagues.
- Some business acumen desired – ability to listen, identify and qualify potential new business opportunities is key.
- Strong marketing awareness – ability to identify opportunities to raise awareness and reputation across the market.
- Enjoys being part of an integrated, multi-disciplinary team that welcomes challenges and innovation – someone who can see the bigger picture and respond to a changing marketplace.
- Strong project management skills essential – ability to schedule, to organise, manage and prioritise your projects.
- A desire to be actively involved in the industry – keeping abreast of new reservoir techniques, technologies, market trends/practices, players, workflows…
- Must be service orientated and willing to travel across Norway.
Package: An attractive Salary is on offer dependent on skills and experience. In addition, Company benefits provided.
You will need to Login or register
before you can apply for this role.
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.