Sales Account Manager – Reservoir Software - Norway
A dynamic innovative software Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Sales Account Manager to promote and drive sales growth across their existing client base and in the development of new clients in Norway. You will take responsibility for identifying and developing relationships with key stakeholders across your accounts and expanding the Company’s business opportunities. Applicants are invited with some experience in the geoscience or reservoir engineering arena combined with sales/business development OR the aptitude/desire to pursue a commercial career. The Company is committed to providing support and mentoring. It is a great time to join a fast growing organisation that is making momentous in-roads and to realise a high financial reward.
The Company was established to provide next-step-change-technologies, which they have succeeded in doing. Their reservoir simulation technology is fast becoming a game changer, reducing engineer’s time exponentially from more traditional established tools. The technology exceeds expectations of most, providing high performance computing power (i.e. workstations, clusters, cloud), rich modelling functionality, advanced visualisation interfaces and most importantly smart and attractive pricing structures to meet the varying needs and budgets of clients. The software also covers all subsurface domains for a full integrated technology in subsurface studies.
Smart technologies that greatly reduce time and costs have been highly evident in the upstream industry in recent years. By taking advantage of the continuous progress in computing technologies, this Company are delivering simulation tools designed to ensure continuous improvements in performance across the reservoir engineers’ laptops, servers, and HPC clusters.
Supported by offices in Russia, US, UK, Malaysia, China, Canada and elsewhere, they are now ready to establish an office in Norway. They have a strong Norwegian client base and recognise the growing interest in their technologies.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become knowledgeable in the Company’s technologies and associated services.
- Understand the challenges and drivers within the market and how the Company’s reservoir simulation tools can help address these.
- Manage a portfolio of existing client accounts – become the go-to-person for all queries.
- Develop strategies to generate new business across existing and new clients.
- Seek out and build good working relationships with the key players across your accounts (e.g. geoscience, engineering, commercial, legal, IT) – provide presentations, arrange meetings, co-ordinate evaluations, lunch and learns etc.
- Work closely with the Technical Support Team – in organising high level technical visits to clients, product evaluations, feedback on technology advancements, challenges faced by clients….
- Manage sales targets and reporting effectively – strive to succeed targets.
- Work with marketing to help develop strategies to build, promote, and drive the awareness and reputation of the Company and technologies.
- Be proactive in participating in local/regional industry events – workshops, conferences, lectures, exhibitions, lunch and learns…
- Build good working relationships with your peers and across the wider company organization.
- Where sales/business development experience is lacking, the Company will assign just a few clients initially and mentor and support you enabling you to take on a wider client portfolio.
- Seek out and build good working relationships with the key players across your account – become the go-to-person for the Company’s solutions. Be proactive in building contacts across all sectors involved in their Oilfield Life Cycle (e.g. geoscience, engineering and drilling, commercial, legal, financial...)
- Keep abreast of new reservoir technologies and digital solutions in the market – become competent discussing these with clients with the ability and confidence to highlight advantages of the Company’s solutions.
The Company seeks a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual who wishes to develop their business career within the reservoir technical domain. With a flat organisation structure, friendly team, there is great scope to advance your commercial and technical skills and for career progression.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in an earth science or engineering related subject preferred but not essential.
- Some experience working with or supporting geoscience or engineering technologies essential. Training provided.
- Proficiency in industry standard reservoir simulation software / subsurface software highly advantageous.
- Previous sales/business development experience desired but the key is the desire to pursue a commercial career within a highly technological arena. Full training and support provided.
- An understanding/practice of consultative sales highly advantageous
- A keen interest in technology and its deployment within the upstream oil and gas industry desired.
- The aptitude to grasp changing technologies quickly and the ability to engage, champion the benefits and influence sales desired.
- Strong client facing skills – ability to engage, win trust and articulate the sales proposition in a coherent and friendly manner is key.
- Highly pro-active – can work independently and effectively across many peer groups – e.g. marketing, sales, technical support….
- An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to drive revenue, and build reputation and awareness across your region.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach – can leverage existing strengths and react and lead in dynamic market conditions.
- Fluent in spoken and written English essential.
- Ambitious with a keen drive to exceed expectations and develop ones career.
- Willing to travel.
Package: An attractive Base Salary plus a Commission Plan will be offered dependent on skills and experience. In addition, Company benefits provided.