IM Analyst - Records Management
2018-07-24 Working Smart Ltd Discipline/Category:
Information Technology/Information Management/KM
IM Analyst - Records Management
350-400 (GBP) Per Day
UK Surrey Surrey
EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Overview URGENT: A leading Service Provider in the Oil and Gas Industry seeks an IM Analyst to augment their team at a major oil operator site working on a project relating to physical data management. The objective of the project is the implementation of appropriate and effective information management solutions pertaining to physical subsurface E&P related records. This is a short 3 month contract but could be extended. The Company is happy for the contract to commence early/mid-August or 1st September. Applicants are invited with a strong project management background with a focus on subsurface related record management.
The Company has been at the forefront of providing services and solutions relating to data and information management, workflow optimisation, software integrations and much more for over two decades. They have a well-established client base from small to major oil companies who they support, in transforming data and information into useful knowledge; the deployment of cloud solutions; and in the optimisation of technologies and workflows.
Responsibilities Reporting to the Global Domain Lead, you will undertake the following:
- Undertake business analysis and provide consultancy for Physical Data within an Information Management department
- Support the achievement of key strategic objectives for Physical Data Management.
- Work closely with your peers across the team to achieve all objectives.
- Work with the external storage vendors as required.
- Help define processes and procedures for managing geotechnical information and data types
- Seek out and understand the legislative obligations for retaining specific data and information including creation and implementation of a working records retention schedule. Ensure this retention schedule is adhered to.
The successful candidate will have:
- An academic background in Geoscience highly advantageous.
- Strong Project Management capabilities essential
- Good understanding Qualification in PMP or Prince2 advantageous.
- Strong business analysis skills – ability to seek out, understand, record requirements and business needs essential.
- Knowledge of and experience of all subsurface/geotechnical data types.
- Previous experience working with external storage providers desired.
- Ability to define and document effectively, the processes and procedures for managing geotechnical information and data types essential.
- Good understanding of operators legislative obligations for retaining specific data and information essential.
- Experience of creating and implementing a working records retention schedule desired.
- Ability to engage with a large number of stakeholders to ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget and to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Highly motivated individual who can manage their own time and deliver to tight project deadlines.
- Highly analytical/methodical – the ability to understand the problem, the tools available and to manage the delivery of the solution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to interact effectively across all stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills essential (both written and oral English), with the ability to present findings.
Other Information Package:
A competitive market Day Rate of £350 - £400 per day is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.