2018-07-24 Working Smart LtDiscipline/Category:
Data Management/Data Management/KM
Manager of Consulting Practice
UK Surrey Surrey
EU or UK work permit holders
URGENT - A leading and well-established Information Management Company in the global upstream oil and gas industry seeks a Manager to lead and drive the expansion of their Consulting Practice. Working alongside the “Senior Management Team”, you will take overall responsibility for all aspects of service delivery, from ensuring high levels of quality are provided to customers, through to having the appropriate skills across your team. Applicants are invited with a strong focus and aptitude for operational excellence, strong stakeholder management and a passion and enthusiasm to be at the forefront of leading a growing consultancy practice.
The deployment of technologies across all sectors of the upstream oil and gas industry has been highly evident in recent years - from greater optimisation in the field, real-time centres, predictive maintenance, cloud solutions, and big data analytics. Oil and Gas Companies have embraced this new digital age and have realised dramatic efficiencies and reduced operating costs. The drive for continued digital transformation continues to strengthen and hence the current opportunities to grow this consulting practice.
The Company has been at the forefront of providing services and solutions relating to data and information management, workflow optimisation, software integrations and much more for over two decades. They have a well-established client base from small to major oil companies who they support, in transforming data and information into useful knowledge; the deployment of cloud solutions; and in the optimisation of technologies and workflows. As a trusted partner of digital solutions, they are now actively involved in discussion with clients re the application of machine learning across exploration and production.
Reporting to the Senior Management Team, you will undertake a range of tasks and responsibilities:
- Become knowledgeable in the Company’s portfolio of consultancy services and solutions.
- Understand the challenges and drivers within the upstream market and how the Company’s digital solutions can help address these.
- Build good working relationships with your peers and across the wider company.
- Seek out and build good working relationships with the key players across the client base - be proactive in understanding their challenges in this new digital transformation age.
- Devise a “Consultancy Strategy” incorporating; solutions that address the current needs and longer-term challenges of clients; planning activities; quality assurance; skill development; and growth.
- Meet regularly with the Consulting Team and client stakeholders to determine current performance levels, understand forthcoming challenges, issues and opportunities.
- Strive for exceptional quality assurance across all delivery cycle.
- Develop and maintain a controlled view on risks associated with service delivery, and devise mitigation strategies.
- Manage the Consulting Team – from the onboarding of staff or consultants as required, the development of skills for present and future needs; resource planning, setting and managing KPI’s and performance reviews.
- Be proactive in creating a culture of “highest standards” within your team. Share information and knowledge, strive to develop their understanding of the market, players, technologies, trends and challenges, review workflows, and improve current processes and introduce best practice.
- Promote strong team play/interaction creating greater unity and cooperation.
- Report on regular basis to senior management on developments within the consulting practice, improvements made, goals and targets set and delivered.
- Apply your commercial acumen - ensuring that services operate within commercial constraints, both from a cost and revenue perspective.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to help identify and build new propositions for the Company.
- Travel as required - You will predominately be based at the main office but may from time-to-time work at a client site to manage service delivery. You will also be required to visit clients as needed.
In this management role, you will participate directly in the commercial operations of the company and in its strategic direction for growth and market share. With a fairly flat organisational structure and friendly team, the role provides a great opportunity to lead and drive a growing Consultancy Practice, working for a highly reputable Company.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 8 years work experience essential.
- Strong Information Management (IM) and IT understanding essential.
- Proven experience of delivering consultancy services OR/AND managing projects essential.
- Previous experience of working within the oil and gas industry or having an earth science degree desired.
- Highly articulate - able to convey technical and solution understanding to clients and service personnel in a simple and coherent manner.
- Ambitious – passion to excel, to exceed targets, to drive success…
- Have an entrepreneurial approach – can leverage existing strengths and react and lead in dynamic market conditions.
- Excellent communications and personal skills - can build long-lasting, positive relationships with both team members and clients. Can gain trust and inspire confidence. Run meetings and deliver presentations. Write coherent reports.
- Highly methodical - ability to multi-task, prioritise, with attention to detail but constantly paying attention to the bigger picture.
- Excellent appreciation of stakeholder relationship management – this is a key aspect of the role.
- Highly focused and proactive in delivering “highest standards” – can lead from example, be determined to achieve…
- Strong focus to continually develop your skills and understanding of the industry, players, technologies, trends, challenges etc.
- Strong commercial acumen – must manage the financial aspects of the consulting practice. Demonstrates a commercial awareness
- A mature and professional attitude - able to lead and grow an expanding practice.
- Willingness to travel – predominately this will be within the UK and Europe – however, may require some international travel.
Other Information Package:
A competitive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience. Plus a performance based bonus, 25 days holiday and a flexible benefits package.
To apply for this job:
1) Please review your registration and ensure it is current.
2) Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience) b) your availability and c) your day rate expectations.
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.