The Project consists of an onshore gas development in Algeria (13MMSCMD). The project includes Drilling of wells on 4 reservoirs in first phase, the construction of a Central Gas Processing Facility and the Gathering network. This position will be in charge of leading a team in charge of the operations of the field, including the preparation phase. Our client is looking for experienced and motivated personnel for this position. Applicants should be able to demonstrate these qualities, in particular a commitment to safety, quality and the full project cycle.
Location: Oued Zine-Adrar in Algeria
The position reports to the General Manager.
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN DUTIES
The Operation Director is the head of the Operation division, the largest entity of Project. The operation Division includes 5 departments: “technical”, Maintenance, well Production, CPF Operation and Drilling. The job has the only long term grade of “director” in the Groupement, besides the General Manager.
The Operation Division perimeter encompasses the wells, the pipes and all facilities (except living quarters). It manages all aspects of production operations of the Project. This includes execution of production operations activities, production optimization, maintenance and integrity management.
The position is hands-on and operationally focused
In the project phase and prior to start-up, provide maintenance and production engineering expertise to the Project team
Lead preparation of production operations for start-up and operations phase, in particular, procedures and operating guides, maintenance and integrity plans, production planning and Reporting
Develop the management system for operations
Lead the integration of the personnel in the team provided by both partners
This position is part of an organization working on a 4 weeks on /4 weeks off rotational basis
Oversees all “new works” for the entire Groupement (except Phase 2 EPC)
Oversees preparation then execution of Phase 2 drilling campaign (16 wells), as drilling department is part of Operations division
- Ensuring safe and responsible production operations of the project wells and surface facilities, in compliance against all relevant production operations legislations.
- Be the line manager of 5 direct reports in an organization of around 250 persons. Ensure that the organization functions and deliver results. This includes also mentoring and coaching of the organization
- Ensure principles of Company Standards are embedded in the Operations management systems
- After start up, manage planning and execution of production operations activities, including maintenance, inspection, minor modifications and plant shutdowns
- Be in charge of the preparation and validation of all process and utilities operating procedures for routine operations
- Define operating procedures and hardware requirements or conduct all studies necessary to define them
- Responsible for appraising, development and training of operations team personnel Responsible for operating expenditures budgets and opex performance for operations Department
- Contribute to the proper definition of operations means and needs (personnel, logistics, services, organization, etc)
- Ensure participation from operations in HAZOP, technical reviews and follow-up any action points to ensure they are closed out properly
- Ensure participation from operations in FAT (Factory Acceptance Test), SIT (site Integration Test) and commissioning tests as required
- Contribute to the coordination of the teams and activities involved in the preparation of the commissioning and start-up of the installations
- Manage definition of spare parts, consumables and production chemicals requirements for the operational phase, and manage lessons learned to optimize once in operation
- Manage direct interfaces with the Key Contractors in order to establish & maintain good relationships, to promote a one-team culture
- As part of the management team of GTG, promote a common culture based of delivering performance, especially in safety, environment and production, but also promoting collaboration and team spirit.
Not less than 15 years professional experience in oil & gas activities, including sites operations Experience in integrated complex onshore operations in remote and difficult environments
would also be valuable. Experience in working in a multicultural environment is mandatory.
Good understanding of economic impact of project development decisions
Strong leadership skills, proven as a communicator at all levels, accomplished at stakeholder management, internal and external
Given the importance of the influencing role, good interpersonal skills, strong initiative and drive and supervisory skills are considered critical for this role.
Balanced and mature thinker capable of original ideas and innovation Committed and flexible on work location in support of overall project goals
Proven experience in dealing with multicultural and large organizations in Algeria is a big plus.
Fluency in French and English. Arabic is a plus.