Project Director – Geoscience Teams
- UK - Edinburgh
- A competitive salary is on offer.
- Business Development, Geophysical, Management
EU Nationals or UK Work Permit Holders only.....
A leading geophysical acquisition Company seeks a Project Director to manage and deliver projects on-time and to ensure strict adherence to QC specifications, and timely turnaround of interpretation work. Applicants invited with a minimum of 10 years’ experience, with proven experience managing geological or/and geophysical projects. Preference for candidates with seismic interpretation background.
The company is well-established in marine and airborne geophysical surveying from marine to airborne solutions for offshore, nearshore and transition zone exploration. They provide sophisticated high resolution, land or sea gravity gradient data, that helps pinpoint targets and saves time and money on some of the toughest mining or oil & gas exploration decisions. They continue to find new and innovative ways of acquiring, processing and interpreting gravity gradient data to minimise risk and maximise potential.
This job is primarily based in the office, but you will be expected to visit field operations a few times a year. Your Teams could consist of 5-10 geoscientists.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, you will take responsibility of:
- Organise, manage and coordinate the geoscience teams in the execution of each project.
- Ensure strict adherence to QC specifications, and timely turnaround of interpretation work,
- Liaise with operations staff, Business Development Managers and senior management; to ensure efficient and accurate project execution.
- Organise and monitor technical team members’ time so that Business Development/PreSales team receive technical support to perform their job appropriately.
- Coordinate activities between Business Development and technical departments to plan and to achieve project time lines.
- Effectively and accurately track concurrently a number of projects.
- Ensure projects are delivered within the time scale required, while ensuring all parties are constantly updated on status.
- Maintain focus on project outcomes and benefits to clients.
- Work closely with Business Development and Marketing to help formulate a company content and marketing strategy, including presentations at trade shows and on social media.
- Promote and raise awareness of project services across the industry.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and trends in relation to gravity related solutions.
The successful candidate will have
- Degree in Geoscience related subject essential - Master’s preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ industry experience essential.
- Proven experience managing Geological and/or Geophysical projects delivery essential.
- Seismic interpretation experience an advantageous.
- Proven people management experience – the ability to engage and motivate Team members is key.
- International exposure advantageous – clients are global with varying cultures, expectations and demands.
- Strong presentation skills – you will have to present to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and delivery of projects essential.
- Competent with strong problem solving skills.
- Confident working with individuals at all levels - geoscientists, both internal and client, Business Development managers and senior management
- Highly resilient and able to work on your own initiative.
- Enthusiasm and drive to stay abreast of new trends and technologies in your field.
- Strong advocate in the transfer of knowledge and experiences – proactive in further developing the skill sets of your Geoscience Teams.
- Goal driven – strong focus on KPI’s essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management appreciation – ability to develop good working relationships with client globally.
- Willingness to travel globally.