- UK - Surrey
- An attractive Base Salary
- Geophysical, Health & Safety, Management, Marine/Diving/ROV, Operations
EU Nationals and UK Work Permit Holders only.....An advanced Seismic Acquisition Solutions Company providing leading products and services to the oil industry seeks a Marine Operations Supervisor to support all aspects of ongoing Marine projects (logistics, HSE, contractor management, budget & cost, timing, quality and technical performance, etc.). In this office based position you will liaise directly with the local Business Development team and communicate all developments to the Operations team back in Houston. Applicants are invited with at least 3 years field operations management experience in the E&P environment. Due to the nature of the role, you will be expected to travel both domestically and internationally for project start-up meetings, contractor audits, HSE support, and to ensure overall project integrity.
The Company’s products and services range from acquisition and navigation systems to survey design and marine management solutions. Their marine management software combines temporal project planning with 3D spatial awareness. It integrates AIS, GPS, GIS, MetOcean and visual data between onshore operations, offshore structures and other vessels to create a common operational picture. It delivers enhanced safety and efficiency for offshore oil and gas operations, such as tanker loading, seismic surveys, pipeline and platform construction and supply vessel movement to name but a few. The software enables visualisation and sharing of real-time operational data across companies and third-party vessels. It enhances safety, increases operational efficiency and reduces costs from unplanned downtime, overruns and incidents.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Marine Operations Ventures Manager, this role encompasses many functions including:
- Become competent in the Company’s suite of solutions, services, work flows and practices.
- Support all aspects of ongoing Marine projects (logistics, HSE, contractor management, budget & cost, timing, quality and technical performance, etc.).
- Provide pre-planning support for new or proposed projects.
- Actively pursue strong relationships with all functional groups and provide GIS, Operational and/or Technical Support as needed whilst communicating activity with Houston based Operations team.
- Prepare first pass cost estimates and time and motion analysis for new EAME opportunities to be reviewed by the Houston Operations team.
- Generate initial logistics and permitting requirement reports with assistance from local Project Managers upon request for new opportunities.
- Take responsibility for communicating Operations team capabilities, workflows, and processes to internal and external parties as necessary.
- Keep abreast of all Company operations within your department.
- Provide a “Marine Weekly Summary” detailed status of every EAME project, updates should be submitted prior to start of business in Houston at the start of each week.
- Take responsibility for all EAME project crew start-ups and preparing all materials necessary for crew presentations.
- Drafting all RFP’s (Request for Proposal) and provide them to the Operations Manager for approval prior to sending out to sub-contractors. Provide analysed results to the Operations Manager.
- Prepare bid documents and support the BD team as required.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of all project critical information:Crew Production (time & production), HSE performance, Subcontractor performance (Project specific Risk Assessments, QC, HSE, and any other 3rd Party as required).
- Participate in project and contractor pre-qualification audits and accident investigations as requested.
- Regularly communicate updates with Houston Operations team as well as local Project Managers
- Review and maintain Salesforce for marine projects. Ensure accurate and timely entry of information and data relative to all marine projects. This would include working with Business Development, Sales, Finance, and Accounting personnel to ensure input of data from those functions as well.
- Participate in regular internal sales and business development meetings with the EAME team and communicate all updates to the Houston Operations team.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency, trending analysis, and quality management for all operations.
- Become familiar with and understand Company project and accounting code structure and be able to properly organise and verify any marine project invoicing, payment requests, and budget forecasting data.
- Become familiar with and understand Company revenue recognition policies for each respective project, and ensure accurate and timely input of requisite production information to accounting and finance functions.
- Work with accounting and finance personnel to ensure timely and accurate projects costs for accounting and accruals projections.
- Promote and engage in proactive QHSE efforts, ensuring proper reporting, reviews, follow-up and close out of remedial actions, and that all regulatory requirements are followed.
- Participate in the reporting and investigation of incidents and trends on all projects.
- Ensure personal HSE and operational training as well as travel vaccinations are current so as to allow for travel to and from projects as may be required.
- Participate in Service Quality initiatives and programs. Report and investigate incidents and trends related to service quality.
- Participate in the identification, preparation, review and follow-up of operational procedures and Best Practices.
- Communicate Company Policies and Procedures to UK Based teams and be the initial point of contact for clarifications whilst working with the Houston based team to formulate responses.
- Participate in sub-contractor management, services, deliverables and HSE.
- Understand the capabilities and features for the crew(s) under your supervision.
- Travel both domestically and internationally for project start-up meetings, contractor audits, HSE support, and to ensure overall project integrity.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ marine field experience in the E&P environment essential.
- Minimum of 3 years’ managerial experience essential.
- Ability to pass offshore fitness, medical and safety training essential.
- Basic HSE Training essential.
- Proven project management/leadership skills essential.
- A solid understanding of seismic operational procedures essential
- Experience and knowledge of Operational software such as SurvOpt and Checkpoint essential.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- High attention to detail with the ability to produce consistently high quality work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to develop and maintain good working relationships, and converse with individuals at various technical levels.
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure in demanding and sometimes harsh operational environments.
- Strong organisation skills essential. The ability to manage and prioritise workloads.
- Proactive, and a dedicated team player with the willingness to approach problems as opportunities for improvement.
- Flexible in working patterns - long hours may be required whilst offshore.
- Willingness to travel at short notice – you may be required to be in the field for extended periods where conditions are remote and demanding.
- Current and valid Passport and Driver’s License.
Package: An attractive Base Salary is on offer dependent on skills and experience plus full benefits package. When applying please make sure you register a sensible Permanent Salary for the current market conditions.
More search results
Data Systems Consultant
Working Smart Ltd., International Petroleum Recruitment Consultancy
Process and Technical Safety Manager - Aker BP ASA
Aker BP ASA
D&W Manager Integrity& Intervention
Aker BP ASA
Sr. Project Improvement & performance engineer - …
Aker BP ASA
Senior HSSE Professional – Working Environment In…
Aker BP ASA