Atlas Professionals in Norway are looking for an experienced Geologist for an assignment in Stavanger, Norway.
- Profficient in geological modelling from well logs, cores, cross-sections and maps; constructs geological maps from well logs and seismic data
- Independently Incorporate biostratigraphic, log character analysis and seismic data to develop interpretation of depositional environment and facies distributions;
- Makes geological maps and/or seismic time and depth maps.
- In collaboration with multi-disciplinary group, steer the study of reservoir parameters uncertainty and quantification of it´s associated risks over field drainage strategy.
- Involved in generating and recommending opportunities for drilling to management Provide estimation of oil reserves in proven or prospective fields, and consults with Petroleum Engineers concerning drilling and production methods with supervision from peers and leader
- Provides estimations of hydrocarbon resource size in generated prospects and performs related risk assessments with supervision in collaboration with multi-disciplinary group.
- Conduct detailed mapping on 3D or 2D seismic data, analyzing seismic attributes, and preparing detailed structural, stratigraphic, and amplitude maps
- Works closely with Geophysicists using 2D and 3D seismic data sets for hydrocarbon potential and makes recommendations for future development.
- Helps staff mature prospects to drill ready status, working with support departments (drilling, development, production, etc.) to ensure all processes are adhered to and that the highest quality drilling program is prepared.
- Mentor other Geology members of the team
- Participates in peer-based risk and resource estimation processes; ensures such processes are adhered to in conducting his/her evaluations; seeks input from peers to ensure technical high quality is achieved in evaluations
- Participates in multi-disciplinary team following development well drilling operations to evaluate results
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience from work mentioned above
Should you be interested in the position of Geologist, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Linda Sletten Gjesdal, Account Manager in Stavanger, Norway stating reference number LS-075737