This job is no longer available
Job Ref: 5743
Job Title: Drilling Engineer
Location: Aberdeen, UK
To assist the SDE with the planning and operation of drilling and other rig based activities. Creating and maintaining records of these operations. Also supporting other Asset projects where Well data, technical calculations, time and cost estimates are required e.g. Flyndre / Cawdor.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
* Production of and close out of Drilling Programmes and Operational Guidelines
* Production of Non Conformance Reports / Lessons Learned
* Production of End of Well Reports
* Production of cost estimates for drilling and workover projects
* Ensuring that equipment and services are available in serviceable condition and on time
* Updating service company personnel on operational progress
* Review of new technology and the communication of information relevant to TLM operations
* Preparation of HSE notifications and input into other Governmental requirements
* Preparation of load out lists
* Obtaining and checking verification documentation
* Preparation of casing designs / drill string designs/hydraulics designs, torque and drag models, casing wear models
* Ensure that the well construction design is fit for purpose and cost effective
* Assisting in cost tracking and cost forecasting
* Organising and leading Peer Reviews for well designs
* Organising and leading RAM sessions for well designs
* Required to plan Platform Clyde wells and other projects such as subsea wells, workovers, Production tie back projects (Flyndre / Cawdor). Generate time/cost estimates and support execution operations.
* Engineering degree
* Computer literate
* Knowledgeable about engineering application programmes, e.g. Stresscheck, WellCat
* Previous experience of drilling operations execution, programme writing, workovers, in the UK, North Sea.
* Some offshore drilling supervisory experience preferred but not essential.
* Good communicator – written and verbal.
For a confidential discussion please contact May Katutondua directly in London, UK on +44 (0)208 380 0643 or by email: email@example.com