This job is no longer available
Job Ref: 5726
Job Title: Senior Drilling Engineer
Location: Aberdeen, UK
Our client is a large global provider of professional services to the energy, resource and complex process industries. They have the track record and systems necessary to pursue and deliver large-scale and complex projects.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
* Accountable for the generation and optimisation of the Wells HPHT Project Plan – 18 month look ahead.
* Works with Exploration Manager, Wells Manager – Engineering and Wells Managers – Mobiles to ensure an optimum well and rig sequence with minimum rig moves
* Accountable for the supervision of the HPHT Drilling Engineering Team (HPHT DET) within Wells Engineering.
* Accountable for the generation and authorisation of all HPHT Well Budget & Detailed Estimates, maintenance of the Well Estimate Register and correct process and procedure compliance. Ensures continuity applied throughout all HPHT projects.
* Ensures latest technologies are screened for application on all HPHT projects.
* Represents TLM on a global basis with respect to HPHT expertise and advice.
* Responsible for the effectiveness of the HPHT Drilling Engineering Team input to the planning and implementation of all TLM HPHT projects. Works with the Wells Manager – Engineering and Wells Managers – Execution to target engineering efforts to ensure that wells are designed and delivered to meet their agreed business objectives and with due regard to operational risk, engineering optimisation, safety and cost effectiveness
* Responsible for conceptual well design of all HPHT Wells. Works with the Wells Manager – Engineering and Wells Manager – Execution to ensure that all conceptual HPHT well designs meet regulatory requirements and with due regard to operational risk, engineering optimisation safety and cost effectiveness.
* Responsible for the review of all HPHT Drilling Programmes – Subsea and Dry wellheads to ensure that the drilling programmes meet their agreed business objectives and with due regard to operational risk, engineering optimisation, safety and cost effectiveness.
* Supports the Wells Manager in ensuring the rig tendering process and rig audits are conducted with due respect for HPHT wells.
* To identify and promote the use of technologies to enhance operational effectiveness and stretch operational capabilities and consider implementation into conceptual well design.
* Approve / Endorse work programmes, procedures and work instructions ensuring that adequate peer reviews and risk assessments are undertaken and the programmes are safe and technically sound.
* Coordinate the identification, assessment and implementation of new technologies where appropriate. Liaise with Industry Peers to ensure that TLM stays abreast of latest HPHT innovations. Represent TLM at the HPHT Operators Forum.
* Incumbent shall ensure that the clients Safety Management System is complied with at all times within his technical area and that appropriate preparation and resource has been made to permit the safe execution of all well services operations under their control.
* Incumbent shall ensure that all well construction activities are carried out in full accordance with the requirements of the clients Policies and Procedures, as well as ensuring compliance with UKCS regulatory and industry accepted practices, and shall strive to continuously improve the Wells Management System (WMS).
* The incumbent shall resource and support technical / quality assurance audits on key service providers or equipment vendors with particular emphasis on HPHT
* Engineering graduate
* Broad experience in Drilling & Completion operations both on and offshore (Planning and Operational Implementation) with particular emphasis on both Exploration and Development HPHT wells.
* Experience in building and supervising high performance well engineering teams
* Proven capabilities in problem analysis and solution development.
* Proven capabilities and Project Management Experience in multiple Well Projects
* Collating and interpreting data and technical information.
* Project planning and design.
* Advanced / Emerging Well Engineering Technology
* Results oriented - Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals; is capable of working in challenging, fast paced environment
* Collaborative - Works effectively across the organization to achieve goals
* Innovative - Champions new ideas and creates an environment that supports innovation and creativity
* Decision Maker - Effectively examines events, issues, and problems, and generates solutions
* Leads with engagement – Builds commitment to a vision and plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals
* Develops others – Shares knowledge and provides mentorship to less experienced team members
* Self-Starter – Requires minimum supervision and direction to efficiently complete work assignments
For a confidential discussion please contact May Katutondua directly in London, UK on +44 (0)208 380 0643 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org