Senior HSE Advisor
Job Ref: 5717
Job Title: Senior HSE Advisor
Location: Aberdeen, UK
Our client is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada. Our client's three main operating areas are North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia. They have a portfolio of international exploration opportunities, committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
The role of Senior HSE Advisor will be to manage, support and guide the Project Team on all aspects of health, occupational safety, industrial hygiene and contractor HSE performance management issues through each stage of the project.
As HSE is a line responsibility, the successful candidate will assist in facilitating all members of the Project Team to include HSE as an integral part of their activities.
The Senior HSE Advisor will work with and support other members of the project personnel at all levels, including, Project Management Team, Corporate HSE Team, contractors and consultants.
The Senior HSE Advisor will provide guidance to the Project Team of the Project Delivery System (PDS) HSE requirements at each project stage and provide assurance that HSE is sufficiently addressed to meet the needs of the project.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
* Maintain the 'stage gate' processes through all phases of the project delivery system
* To work in accordance with the company’s and project department management system
* Provide technical assistance the development of the company’s project department management system
* Remain abreast of legislative requirements
* Comment and Review of Contractor HSE documentation in line with company and project standards
* Develop and enhance processes and systems for wider use in the discipline
* Ensure work is carried out in accordance with relevant Codes, Standards and Procedures
* Ensure technical integrity of all discipline deliverables on the project
* Plan and maintain the discipline progress of the project
* Report periodically progress status to the line and function reporting lines
* Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel and contractors
* Assist in generating procedures and standards to maintain and update the Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems of the Company
* Review of Departmental Procedures to ensure compliance with Company’s corporate policies relating to Health and Safety and Protection of the Environment
* Monitor and report on, Health and Safety and Environmental Protection performance
* Provide training in HSE subjects to Company personnel as required by HSE / Project Manager
* Maintain and review HSE records and statistical information
* Assist in audit of the HSE Management System
* NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
* Others below would be an advantage
* Root Cause Analysis training
* Auditing qualification
* Active membership of the appropriate professional body .i.e. IOSH, IIRSM
* Ability to motivate, to organize, leads and ultimately delivers Project HSE requirements
* Build successful working relationships in a multi-cultural environment
* Communicate ideas effectively to a varied audience in a succinct, clear manner (written, conversational and presentation skills)
* Show by experience to effectively mentor and coach less experienced personnel.
* Ability to influence through persuasion and relationships is essential to being successful in this role.
* The development of HSE aspects of projects in the oil and gas industry or related industries, e.g. chemical
* Experience of contract evaluation and management, specifically ongoing contractor performance management
* Knowledge and experience of operational SHSE is essential incorporating good knowledge of topsides & sub-sea facilities, pipelines and controls
* Construction Site HSE Management with knowledge Skilled in the application of Microsoft office systems
For a confidential discussion please contact Wayne Stynes directly in London, UK on +44 (0)208 380 0641 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org