This job is no longer available
Senior Development Geologist
Europe / United Kingdom / Aberdeen / PERM / Up to 115,000 GBP Per Annum
Our Client- Is one of the fastest growing independent E&P Companies based in Aberdeen.
Perform production and development geology duties on producing fields in the UK (North Sea) subsurface team. Work closely with the field geophysicist and exploitation (reservoir) engineer to maintain production, and seek opportunities for growth through generating and evaluating options for in-field drilling, near-field exploration, assessing the suitability of and application of new recovery techniques, and bringing existing drilling opportunities to production.
Duties & Responsibilities to include: Work with geophysicists, exploitation engineers, production engineers and drilling engineers in field/area specific cross-functional teams. Responsible for Geological tasks within the team, with a focus on opportunity generation, maturing in-fill drilling opportunities, prospects and leads to production. Investigate means of increasing field recovery. Build an inventory of drilling opportunities.
- Good team playing and communication skills (oral, presentation, written) are essential.
- A strong work ethic characterised by drive and energy is also essential.
- High level of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Proven team player within a multi-discipline environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide leadership to ensure timely project delivery.
Functional Job Skills
- Development geology
- Technical problem solving
- Strong reservoir description skills (sedimentology, petrophysics, etc)
- Computer mapping, well correlation, geocellular modelling with Petrel
- Ability to produce technically sound subsurface evaluations
- Definition of field STOIIP and reserves
- Subsurface risk analysis
- Ability to construct work plans and schedules
- Sufficient familiarity with geophysics, petrophysics, reservoir engineering, production engineering and drilling engineering to allow effective communication and coordination within the subsurface team
- Well planning and operations
- Experience in Operated projects of field development / re-development
- Specify & supervise contractor studies
- Acquisitions and farm-in experience
- Landmark geological suite.
- Exploration knowledge.
- Experience of enhanced recovery techniques.
- Business development skills.
EarthStream is a specialist global recruiting business dedicated to the energy, resources & environment sectors that is uniquely positioned to understand the interplay and increasing convergence between these sectors. We specialize exclusively in the energy, resources and environment sectors with our capability in providing staff across a range of technical, engineering, scientific and commercial disciplines. The recruiters in each of our industry specific divisions understand the unique skills and requirements of each vertical sector and where to find the best people in that field. With operations in five continents we have the coverage and experience to service our clients and candidates anywhere in the world.
Apply directly for this role by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, contact our office by telephone on +44 (0) 7725 041 044.
Reference ID: #6497