This job is no longer available
Job Ref: 5703
Job Title: Pipe Stress Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to our clients and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in/out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.
Our U.S. branch, Energy Resourcing Americas, has been tasked to identify candidates for Pipe Stress Engineer for our E&C client in west Houston. Job duties include:
The Pipe Stress Engineer will be assigned as either a Lead engineer or a Staff engineer. They will be responsible for:
- As a Lead Engineer is responsible for safe, technically accurate and cost effective piping system designs and deliverables for refineries, chemical plants, petro-chemical plants, offshore installations, and oil & gas production facilities
- Responsible for compliance with applicable specifications and standards, and completion of work within project budget and schedule. For larger projects, this is typically accomplished by a combination of supervising and directing a Piping Engineering Team, and directly performing tasks as required
- Have an understanding of the project scope of work, budget and schedule, particularly as it applies to Piping Engineering and Design. Manage scope changes
- Perform and/or oversee all Piping Stress Analysis, assuring compliance with all applicable codes pertaining to piping systems and strain sensitive equipment
- Oversee the work of other Piping Engineering personnel. Provide direction and guidance to the Piping Engineering Team
- Assist in preparing man-hour estimates for all Piping Engineering activities
- Schedule, track and forecast piping Engineering activities
- Perform wall thickness and branch reinforcing calculations
- Prepare requisitions, technical bid evaluations, and supplier document review for Spring Supports and Expansion Joints.
- BS or MS in related field or applicable discipline, typically an engineering degree; or equivalent experience if allowed by law.
- Expert knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted procedures.
- Typically minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; relevant professional registration preferred.
- Computer proficiency preferred in the following: Microsoft Office, AutoPipe, Microstation, Smart Plant Review, Pelican Forge, MathCad, AutoPipe, Caesar, Staadpro, GTStrudl, ME035, ME150. BS or BSCE or BSME required. EIT and PE preferred.
This position is located in the West Houston area and can be direct hire or contract. If your background fits the profile, we encourage you to get in touch either by submitting a resume to email@example.com or call Linda at 281/892-2938.