This job is no longer available
Job Ref: 5702
Job Title: Electrical Engineer Offshore
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to our clients and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in/out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.
Our U.S. branch, Energy Resourcing Americas, has been tasked to identify candidates for Electrical Engineer Offshore for our E&C client in west Houston. Job duties include:
Engineering and design of electrical equipment, components, or systems for offshore, deepwater oil and gas facilities
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical equipment, facilities, components, and systems for industrial facilities.
- Utilize computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Inspection and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish construction, and installation standards and required specifications.
- Inspect completed installations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Prepare specifications and datasheets for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Oversee design efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs
- Possibly conduct field surveys and study diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience
- Technical knowledge of concepts, techniques, material characteristics and construction methods
- A broad knowledge of precedents in a specialty area and a broad knowledge of principles and practices of related engineering methods and systems
- A broad knowledge of US electrical codes and standards
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in leading the technical work of less experienced engineers who share in the project
- Ability to work in a team environment
The above is normally acquired through
- A recognized degree in electrical engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college
This position is located in the West Houston area and can be direct hire or contract. If your background fits the profile, we encourage you to get in touch either by submitting a resume to email@example.com or call Linda at 281/892-2938.