Offshore Process Engineer
Job Ref: 5701
Job Title: Offshore Process Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to our clients and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in / out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.
Our U.S. branch, Energy Resourcing Americas, has been tasked to identify candidates for Senior Process Engineers for our E&C client in west Houston. Job duties include:
- Extracts process engineering information from CAD drawings. Prepares process flow diagrams, material and heat balances, and lists of major equipment. Designs P&IDs, prepares and issues instrument, equipment, heat exchange and rotating equipment data sheets. Prepares and issues line summaries. Establish utility requirements, prepares utility summaries and designs utility P&IDs. Conducts process and equipment optimization and process evaluation studies. Conducts relief and flare system evaluation, evaluates relieving scenarios, sizes relief valves, checks the adequacy of existing relief and disposal system.
- Conducts safety and hazard assessments for process systems. Checks calculations performed by other engineers and according to the project instructions. Selects computer software, enters required data and prepares complex computer calculations. Verifies computer simulation results. Retain and keeps files for future reference
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses. Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents. Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and material.
- Provides assistance to other engineering disciplines as required in the preparation of equipment and instrumentation specifications, plot plans and general arrangement drawings. Assists in the preparation of operating and training manuals.
- Directs the activities, provides input and technical guidance to CAD designers and drafters and to lower level process engineers.
- Participates in customer and internal review meetings and interface with client and interface with the client.
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering with generally 5-8 years of experience in related field. Thorough knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted procedures
- Should have experience with offshore oil & gas processing facilities (fixed or floating facilities including FPSO). Should have experience in some or most of the process and utility systems on the topsides like separation, gas dehydration, gas compression, water injection, gas injection, gas and oil export
- Recognized as having a specialized depth or breadth of expertise within the department. Interprets internal and external business challenges with impact on the organization and recommends best practice solutions. Contributes to implementation plan development and program coordination
- Contributes to implementation plan development and program coordination. Proficient with engineering software applications. Computer proficiency required. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail important. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities somewhat important. Ability to contribute to preparation and delivery of presentations to customers is preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential to effectively teach what they know to other employees. Commitment to customer service and ability to lead functional project teams is important. Ability to maintain confidential information is critical. Ability to work effectively in teams is very important
This position is located in the West Houston area and can be direct hire or contract. If your background fits the profile, we encourage you to get in touch either by submitting a resume to email@example.com or call Linda at 281/892-2938.