Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Job Ref: 5674
Position title: Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Summary of opportunity
Our client is a global engineering, construction, building and maintenance company with an in-house engineering capability. The client has expertise on complex infrastructure projects within the Mining, Marine, Building, Oil, and Gas, Water, Rail, Power, Petrochemical and Transport sectors. Due to expansion in projects, they are searching for competent Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer.
- Assist construction manager / E&I Section engineer in developing, approving and coordinating work schedule to ensure cost, quality and time objectives are met.
- Reviewing drawings, specifications, internal documentation, vendor documentation for compliance with technical and construction requirement.
- Preparing, Reviewing or updating quality and surveillance plans, inspection and test plan or procedure.
- Implement quality standard and procedure.
- Planning, performing or witnessing inspection and test authorizing work to proceed.
- Calculating the Material, Equipment & tools requirement to complete the Job.
- Supervising work within a small work unit composed of employees of the same discipline or related area of specialization.
- Provide discipline input to project planning and scheduling.
- Measuring and reporting the progress of work.
- Providing technical guidance to co-worker and client.
- Liaising with Supervisors to ensure the correct plant and equipment is provided to undertake the works in a safe manner
- Handling Inspection Reports, E&I Work completion report and handover paper work.
- Ensure scope of work is timely finished well within budget.
- Relevant qualification.
- 5 years relevant experience in E&I, with previous experience in pipelines & facilities experience would be advantage
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas upstream industry, national and international codes and standards.
- Ability to read P&ID’s, Electrical / mechanical drawings, specifications to assist with accurate planning.
- Demonstrated ability in installation, testing & commissioning of the following: Earthing and lightning protection system, Cable laying and cable tray system, Indoor and outdoor Lighting system, HT < Panels, Diesel Generator, Air-conditioning system, Field Instrumentation system, fire & gas detection system, Fibre Optic Cable system, FOC Blowing through HDPE Conduit and Pipeline corrosion control system.
- Strong organizational and multitasking ability are necessary to be successful in this role.
For a confidential discussion on other aspects of this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org