This job is no longer available
Job nr. WTVN01356
Job Title Senior Coordinator Cost
Contact name Vinay Nalubala
Contact email email@example.com
Website address www.wtsenergy.com
Short job description
Senior Coordinator Cost to work with an International Oil & Gas Company in Lagos, Nigeria
Main job description
Senior Coordinator Cost responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
The Senior Coordinator Cost will develop and ensure structured, consistent and accurate cost control, reporting and estimating for the Facilities department. Maximise the use and integration of cost control and estimating systems.
- Provide support to individual Project Managers (PM’s) in establishing and maintaining up to date Authority For Expenditure (AFE) and related supporting documents including variance analysis of cost over/underuns.
- Monitor expenditure monthly on a Value of Work Done (VOWD) basis for all ongoing Projects(contracts) and department/team budgets and in conjunction with Project Engineers (PE’s)/PM’s produce cost forecasts (latest estimates) to provide timely notification of potential over/underruns against approved budgets (AFE’s).
- Produce monthly/quarterly/annual variance and trend analysis expenditure reports and explain key cost movements with respect to commitments, actuals (VOWD basis), latest estimates against plan as agreed with responsible PM’s.
- Provide support to PE’s/PM’s to establish and maintain cost progress S-curves (inclusive of actuals, forecasts, and commitments) for all ongoing Projects. Prepare overall department rolled up reports on the same basis.
- Produce cost reports and presentations suitable for management (monthly, quarterly and annually) as required, giving planned, actual and forecast costs, for all ongoing projects and contracts, in line with the agreed AFE’s/WBS.
- Produce other ad-hoc reports and presentations on cost information that may be required from time to time.
- Review and verify monthly accruals as produced by Project Accountants/PE’s to ensure that they are correctly align with VOWD reporting against AFE’s and overall budgets.
- Establish and maintain procedures for Cost Control, Reporting, Estimating, and Budgeting (in conjunction with Finance).
- Coordinate in conjunction with PE’s/PM’s the preparation of the departmental annual Work Programme and Budget (WP&B) submission and reporting against the same.
- Develop and maintain a Cost Estimating system (including Cost Breakdown System), including a database of historical project costs, and provide cost estimating support to PE’s/PM’s for new projects / project variations and to assist in forecasting of costs to completion.
- Develop and maintain a system for storage and retrieval of Facilities departmental budget and cost documents.
- Provide support to PE’s/PM’s in their preparation of proposals to TB for both new contracts and contract variations to cover cost over/underruns.
- Review and audit contractors’ cost management and reporting procedures for all new contracts.
- Establish and maintain close interface liaison with both assigned Project Accountants and Company Finance/Budgeting team. · Identify strengths and weaknesses of individual staff as a basis for managing their professional development and performance. In this regard, personally mentor at least one Company staff.
An International Oil & Gas
Company Location Lagos, Nigeria