This job is no longer available
Senior Geological Advisor Europe
Europe / United Kingdom / Central London / PERM / Up to 125,000 GBP Per Annum
Our Client - Our client is a global, independent oil and gas business with upstream and downstream assets.
Job Description - Our client is currently looking to recruit a Senior Geological Advisor in the Europe Exploration and Exploitation team. The position will be based in London with some international travel. Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Work with the team and across the value chain to identify, mature, plan and execute the European Exploration and Exploitation programme
- Identify and action recommendations, supported by technical rigour, to drill wells, acquire/relinquish acreage as appropriate
- Project lead integrating the Exploration process
- Mentor , support and coach all geoscientists
- Quality assurance of geological data. Interpretation and integration of these data with geophysical and engineering data at prospect specific, block and basin scales. Working with specialists across the group including the fields of structural geology, basin modelling, and petrophysics.
- Basic log analysis.
- An understanding of basin modelling and the generation of source presence and maturity maps working as necessary with specialists.
- Presentations to Peer Reviews, Pre-Developments and Production teams, Senior Management, Co-Ventures and relevant Government Authorities
Candidate Specification and Requirements -
- Degree qualified in Geology or Geophysics, ideally to PhD level
- A minimum of 15 years industry experience
- Solid understanding of UK and Norwegian North Sea
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate understanding and application of the following competencies:
- Excellent geotechnical skills
- Good understanding of economic analyses
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment and communicate at all levels and across locations
- Motivated, and a self-starter with a hard working approach
- Promote/undertake work activities in a safe manner
In return, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and benefits package. You will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment and they are committed to fast tracking true talent.
All candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK without company sponsorship.
EarthStream is a specialist global recruiting business dedicated to the energy, resources & environment sectors that is uniquely positioned to understand the interplay and increasing convergence between these sectors. We specialize exclusively in the energy, resources and environment sectors with our capability in providing staff across a range of technical, engineering, scientific and commercial disciplines. The recruiters in each of our industry specific divisions understand the unique skills and requirements of each vertical sector and where to find the best people in that field. With operations in five continents we have the coverage and experience to service our clients and candidates anywhere in the world.
Apply directly for this role by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, contact our office by telephone on +4420 7953 0091.
Reference ID: #5034