Offshore Commissioning Lead Mechanical Engineer
Job Ref: 5587
Position title: Offshore Commissioning Lead Mechanical Engineer
Location: Karratha - Offshore
Summary of opportunity
As the Offshore Commissioning Lead Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible, as directed by the Commissioning Superintendent, to plan and prepare the Mechanical discipline Hook up, pre Commissioning & Commissioning scope of work and then supervise Commissioning activities during offshore execution.
- Assist with the development of an integrated HU and commissioning execution plan to cover the all phases of the offshore Completions.
- Development of engineering, specifications and procedures for the offshore Completions scope.
- Preparation of all engineering work packs, drawings, procedures, specifications and documentation to prepare for and plan the offshore completions activity scope of works.
- Preparation of scope descriptions, man-hour and duration estimates to support the development of Hook up & Commissioning job cards.
- Interfacing with the design and production departments to prepare drawings and material specifications in accordance with the plan.
- Work closely with planners in the development of the integrated level 4 offshore plans.
- Work closely with planners in the development and identification of the offshore critical paths.
- Working closely with the fabrication team/planning group to monitor the tail end of onshore commissioning and establish and include in the plan for any carry over work.
- Interface with the fabrication team to optimise and minimise the mechanical scope of work carried offshore.
- Estimate and assist to establish manpower requirements for the offshore work.
- Prepare a scope of work and assist with the preparation of tender documents for the award of a labour contract for the mechanical resources.
- Construction Engineering Professional with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in Offshore Oil and Gas Projects Engineering and Commissioning projects with a proven track record of planning, preparing and executing offshore Commissioning scopes and/or shut downs.
- Competent Mechanical Engineer with proven track record related to offshore scopes
- Experience with offshore commissioning of large rotating equipment scopes.
- Ability to work accurately and have adequate analytical skills with a feel for (fit for purpose) controls.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and must be a self-starter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Maggie Emery on +61 8 9420 7521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org