This job is no longer available
Instrument Technician - FPSO - Aberdeen
Air Energi need another Instrument Technician for work on an FPSO offshore from Aberdeen. The FPSO is working in the UK sector of the North Sea (please note you must have a current visa or be eligible to work in the UK for this position)
The rotation is 2/2 for approx 12 months and we need someone as soon as possible.
Rate is approximately £380 per day Limited Company.
A CompEx certificate is essential for these positions as you will need to hold one for receiving authorisation onboard the vessel. Candidates should have a strong maintenance background rather than a commissioning.
It would be advantageous if you have a telecoms background to provide the following support;
Providing telecom and telex communication lines
Maintaining and installing, as required, all communication systems onboard the installation, including PABX and telephone systems
Assisting in Fire & Gas, ESD, DCS Maintenance
Maintenance of Fax, Photocopiers, Computers, Printers and Computer Network systems (LAN/Servers etc)
Maintenance of Telemetry systems, Weather stations and Radar system
Maintenance of CCTV and Marin ship stress monitoring systems
Communicate with Base Offices to supply software support for onboard users
General Instrument Technician Spec:
· Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating all instrumentation installed on the
· Repairing and calibrating all fire and gas systems.
· Repairing and maintaining all electronic control systems.
· Regularly inspecting the Instrumentation system to ensure correct operation of the equipment, associated with the DCS system.
· Direct liaison with Konsberg for technical assistance as and when required.
· Implementing and following through of Planned Maintenance routines and Corrective Maintenance work orders from the Maximo Maintenance Management System (MMS) for all instrumentation.
· Ensuring all applicable (installations) equipment adheres to intrinsically safe codes of practice.
· Maintaining operational effectiveness of computer LAN (Local Area Networks) onboard installation.
· Efficient and economic use of spare equipment and administration of Maximo Maintenance Management System (MMS).
· Completing all Training as directed by the company including Onboard Familiarisation.
· Ensuring continuous compliance with the Bluewater Competency Assurance scheme
· Carry out ATEX inspections as directed
· Performing tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
If you have a current CompEx certificate, the experience described above and are interested in this work then please send a copy of your CV to me and I will contact you to discuss.